General Practice for Family Medicine
At IMI, whilst our core focus is on natural medicine and restoring the natural healing powers of the body, we recognise that conventional (Western) medicine does have its place, particularly in diagnosis and testing as well as treating some bacterial infections and more serious illness. Our General Practitioners (GPs) are well-rounded to treat a range of acute and chronic illnesses. They also screen for early signs of health illnesses, such as heart disease and diabetes.
Our General Practitioners are passionate about holistic primary care for the whole family and work alongside our naturopathic physicians and other registered integrative healthcare practitioners to address your health concerns. We want every patient who walks through our doors to know their health and wellbeing is paramount to us.
Our GPs have access to specialist advice, therapies and treatments to deliver a fully integrated approach to your healthcare. Referrals to a naturopathic physicians is particularly advantageous in more complex health conditions (e.g. thyroid disorders, liver, autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes) in identifying and addressing the underlying causes of your illness. They can also refer you to our psychotherapists to work through any mental health conditions or a particular distressing or difficult life event. Our GPs recognise that a whole system approach to your health not only has a better outcome but increases long term health and wellbeing.
- Intravenous (IV) nutritional therapy – helps to build immunity, increase energy and detoxification for a range of conditions (e.g. arthritis, Lyme disease, bacterial and viral infections)
- Vitamin B12 shots – used for B12 deficiency (i.e. vegans) - to increase energy and boost moods
- Health check-ups and routine examinations for the whole family, as well as employment health checks
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Paediatrics care
- Prescription for pharmaceutical medicines including antibiotics for bacterial infections
- Referrals to specialists within integrative medicine (e.g. naturopaths, homeopaths, osteopaths chiropractors, and psychologists)
- Referral to specialist medical services in Hong Kong
If you have health insurance coverage, our medical doctors and GP’s can provide insurance referrals to other healthcare practitioners and for relevant laboratory tests.