Movement at work
Recent studies suggest ‘sitting is the new smoking’. A sedentary lifestyle is linked to increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, chronic back pain and osteo-related diseases. In fact, the World Health Organisation lists inactivity as the fourth biggest risk factor for global adult mortality.
The muscle activity needed for standing and other movement promote important processes related to optimal health. When you sit, these processes stall and your health risks increase. Creating new and healthy habits can have a profound impact on your energy levels, health, and performance.
Encourage healthy movement at work
Here’s a snapshot of what IMI’s experienced osteopath will walk your employees through:
- The detrimental effects of a sedentary workday on health.
- The impact of stress on posture and the importance of prevention.
- The link between active movement and stress management in the workplace.
- The optimal needs of the body from a muscular and osteo-perspective.
- Interactive and informative assessments and activities.
Formats to suit your needs
The Movement at work seminar can be delivered at your organisation or online. Formats include interactive presentations, workshops, half- and full-day retreats. Choose from our series of seminars to create a framework that matches your organisation’s vision and needs.
For more information on what the Movement at work seminar entails or to schedule a seminar, write to us here.