INTRODUCING WEIGHT LOSS 2.0 – led by Dr. Ardyce Yik (ND)
An all new healthy and upgraded approach to successful weight management.
This revolutionary weight loss program addresses more than just your weight. It tackles key health factors contributing to your weight problems, it ensures that you are getting all the nutritional support needed during the process and it challenges you with realistic goals that will establish themselves as part of a healthy lifestyle. This program also helps to correct any underlying health problems and ensures that toxins released during the process don’t cause harm to the body.
This 4-week* medically-supervised program offers:
- Supervision by a fully-licensed naturopathic doctor to address underlying issues affecting weight and to monitor weight loss progress
- A realistic, easy-to-follow plan to help you lose 5 to 15 pounds per month
- Clinically proven food supplements that help to control appetite, lose body fat as well as help stabilize blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels
- Regular monitoring of the body’s state to ensure organs are functioning optimally during the process
- Assessment and correction of underlying medical conditions that may be causing weight gain
- Assessment and correction of nutritional deficiencies that may contribute to food cravings
- Assessment and restoration of psychological and emotional health (e.g. emotions such as anger or stress that you may be expressing or hiding with food)
- Health tips to help you keep the weight off for good
*Some clients may want to extend the program to 8 weeks or longer to suit their needs.
This program includes:
- One 60-minute initial private consultation and two 30-minute private follow-up consultations with a fully-licensed naturopathic doctor to discuss health concerns, rule out underlying medical conditions contributing to weight gain, provide emotional support and monitor progress
- A complete line of weight management products (worth over $3000) clinically proven to regulate appetite, lose body fat as well as help stabilize blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels
- Easy-to-follow dietary recommendations to maintain appropriate caloric intake
- Exercise tips to help you burn excess calories and stay fit
- Additional botanical and nutritional supplements needed to support metabolism and fat-burning as well as combat food addictions and cravings
- 20% Discount on Far Infra-Red Sauna sessions and Colon Hydrotherapy sessions (as necessary, sessions at additional cost)
- $100 IMI product discount voucher
WHY LOSE WEIGHT?
Studies show that obesity increases risk of:
- Coronary heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Dyslipidemia (high triglycerides, high cholesterol)
- Certain types of cancer (breast, endometrial, colon, kidney, esophagus)1
- Liver and gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea and respiratory ailments
- Gynecological problems (irregular menses, infertility)2
- Mood and anxiety disorders (e.g. depression)3
- Poor self image
Benefits of a healthy weight:
- Healthier physique
- Improved self confidence
- Better energy levels
- Helps control type II diabetes
- Helps control cholesterol levels
- Fewer aches and pains (less pressure on joints and muscles)
- Less labored breathing
- Less burden on the heart
- Decreases the chance of developing certain types of cancer
- Improve longevity
1 National Cancer Institute: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/risk/obesity
2 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/effects/index.html
3 Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006; 63:824-830
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
“Why Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0?”
Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 is an all new weight management approach that surpasses other weight loss plans and diets on the market. It tackles food cravings. It addresses potential health conditions that hinder weight loss. It provides nutritional support in the management of high cholesterol, insulin resistance/ type II diabetes, fatty liver, polycystic ovarian syndrome and other conditions associated with obesity. It helps to increase metabolism and ensure that toxins released in the fat-burning process are eliminated. It allows you to eat a balanced diet of carbohydrates, lean protein and good fats. It offers easy tips to be more active. It provides group support as well as supervision by a fully-licensed naturopathic doctor. It is the ultimate program for weight loss, fitness and wellness. Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 is definitely an upgrade – to a healthier and lighter you!
“Who should join this program?”
- Anyone who wants to lose 5 to 15 pounds of weight (those wanting to lose more weight can extend the program to 8 weeks or longer as needed)
- Anyone who has tried other weight loss methods (e.g. over-the-counter diet pills, skipping meals) without success and wants to address the underlying barriers (e.g. food cravings, medical conditions) to weight loss
- Anyone who wants a healthier physique and improved self-confidence
- Anyone who has high cholesterol, type II diabetes, fatty liver, polycystic ovarian syndrome and other conditions associated with obesity
“What is the difference between Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 and Holistic Weight Loss?”
Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 is for anyone who has an existing health condition (e.g. type II diabetes/ insulin resistance, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, PCOS) and/ or wants the underlying issues to be addressed. Dr. Ardyce Yik ND will spend one hour during the initial consultation to listen to your health concerns and personalize the program according to specific needs. There will be two follow-up visits to monitor progress and ensure that you are getting the most out of the program. This program addresses food cravings, balances the body’s pH and screens for nutrient deficiencies which may hinder optimal weight loss. This program is 30 days long and includes a flexible daily menu plan that allows you to eat a balanced diet. The carefully chosen supplements provide the building blocks you need to to improve your metabolism and get back on the road to optimal weight and health.
“What is the difference between Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 and the 10-Day Detox?”
Weight Loss 2.0 is designed to help you lose weight in a safe, easy and effective way. The program, which includes medical foods and supplements, lasts for one whole month. On this program, you are allowed to eat most foods that you would normally eat, including dairy and lean cuts of red meat. Weight loss does not equal detox and vice versa. But we know that toxins are stored in fat tissues, so as you are burning fat, you will also be releasing toxins.
“What products are included in the package?”
- Medical Food – a high protein/ low-glycemic index medical formula which promotes the loss of body fat while maintaining lean muscle mass; provides essential vitamins and minerals for healthy heart function
- SatisFibre supplement – helps to balance blood sugar levels and helps to curb appetite by slowing down the rate of digestion of food
- CarbMaster – promotes slimming by blocking the digestion of carbohydrates, particularly starches
- Liver Support – ensures optimal digestion and optimal liver/ gallbladder function during weight loss process; aids in the assimilation of fats and maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels
- Individualized homeopathic formula (to address emotional aspects) OR colon herbal tincture (to speed up elimination process)
- Resveratrol – potent antioxidant which protects cells against free radical damage and helps to speed up metabolism
- pH paper – to monitor body’s acid/ alkaline state throughout the program
“What will I eat?”
Besides the products listed above, you will be encouraged to eat wholesome healthy foods throughout the program.
“How much weight should I expect to lose on this program?”
Healthy weight loss is losing 1 to 2 pounds per week, i.e. up to 8 pounds in one month. However, some people have been able to lose up to 15 pounds in one month. We do not encourage weight loss of over 15 pounds in one month since rapid weight loss may increase the risk of gallstones, gallbladder attacks and other health ailments.
“Will I feel tired or feel hungry during the day?”
Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 is designed to include medical foods and supplements which supply energy and help control appetite. You are allowed to eat nutrient-dense (and delicious!) wholesome foods on the program. Though you may feel hungry for the first few days due to altered food portions, continuously taking the products will help your body stay fueled and energized. One particular product used in Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 has been clinically proven to reduce appetite comfortably and safely (keep you fuller for a longer period of time), reduce hypoglycemic food cravings, normalize after-meal glucose/ insulin levels and metabolic rate as well as improve cholesterol levels.
“Will I gain weight after the program?”
During your private consultations, Dr. Yik will teach you how to keep the weight off permanently using nutrition and healthy lifestyle principles
SPECIAL BENEFITS FOR THERAPEUTIC WEIGHT LOSS 2.0 PARTICIPANTS
- One 60-minute initial private consultation and two 30-minute private follow-up consultations with naturopathic doctor Ardyce Yik to address underlying health conditions contributing to weight gain and also to monitor progress
- 20% discount on Far Infra-Red Sauna sessions and Colon Hydrotherapy sessions
- The flexibility to continue the program for longer according to your needs
YOUR INVESTMENT: $5700.
Eat better, look better, live better! Sign up for the Therapeutic Weight Loss 2.0 Program today!
WHO IS DR. ARDYCE YIK?
Dr. Ardyce Yik is a registered naturopathic doctor who has helped countless people manage their weight and reach optimal health. Whole client wellness and disease prevention form the core of her practice. Besides maintaining a family practice, she also writes for various magazines and has appeared as a naturopathic medical expert on Bloomberg Television.
SUCCESS STORIES (TESTIMONIALS)
What others are saying about how Dr. Ardyce Yik helped them lose weight:
“Graeme Bradshaw prescribed the IMI Weight Loss 2.0 programme for me as the treatment plan for my marginal high level of blood pressure and cholesterol which posed a significant health risk. My BMI was 29.5. In the beginning I was skeptical about it because I have heard too many unpleasant stories from people who suffered from hunger, deprivation and were punished or reprimanded by their dieticians on other weight loss programmes. Dr. Yik, who is in charge of Weight Loss 2.0, has not just transformed my body shape, eating habits and lifestyle- she has provided me with a new perspective on healthy eating and living. Dr. Yik’s caring, positive, holistic and supportive approach is inspirational and encouraging. She is very professional but is accommodating and compassionate at the same time. We could discuss the variation of food, recipes, pattern of exercise and the conditions of my body constitution during the consultation sessions. Dr. Yik always gave sound advice and information in her cheerful manner and she tailor-made prescriptions for my personal needs. She never dictated a fixed regime. After 5 months I have lost 31 lbs (BMI dropped to 24) and 7 inches of fat disappeared around the waist. Both the cholesterol and blood pressure have returned to normal levels. I feel much younger and energetic. My friends and colleagues are amazed and admire the result. Some even commented that I look like another woman. I am not surprised but happy that the result turned out so well. I am grateful that I have a good doctor as my health coach who guided me onto the right track. Working under the supervision and guidance of Dr. Yik on this weight management programme was a very pleasant and enjoyable journey. I am not just lighter in weight but lighter at heart now.”
— Jenny Deli, HR Consultant
“After Dr Yik’s 4-week controlled, planned diet programme, I lost the 10 lbs that I had been yearning to lose ever since I had a tragic accident 4 years ago. My mobility was curtailed and I started to put on weight through lack of exercise. This is a highly professional programme. You are guided through the diet, the supplements support you and you have access to Dr Yik’s expertise at all times. Not alone did I lose those unwanted 10 lbs but I have also established a life-long eating and personal care plan for myself which I will and want to adhere to. My warmest gratitude goes to Dr Yik for this innovative and worthwhile programme. I cannot recommend her highly enough.”
— Caitlin Spain, Art Educator
“After enduring all sorts of digestive problems for years due to atrocious eating habits, not to mention being 25 pounds overweight and out of shape, I was fed up and vowed to myself to get healthy once and for all. Joining IMI’s weight loss program helped put me on the right track, and over the course of three months, I learned to honor and take care of my body through better food choices, eating smaller portions more often, and exercising regularly – all of which are now part and parcel of my everyday life. To my amazement, my digestive issues resolved themselves and I shed all the extra weight too. I can’t remember the last time I felt so strong and energetic, and I’m well on my way to being in top form – in mind, body and spirit. Not only have I been told I look 10 years younger, I truly feel it! I have to say this was the best gift I could give myself. Thanks to Dr. Yik for her support throughout my journey to wellness.”
— Dina Narain, Professional Writer
“My husband is a candy man. He manufactures candies and he also struggled with a BMI high above average, accompanied with fatty liver for over 10 years. He didn’t overeat, his diet was good I dare say when he dined at home, and he did brisk-walking 3 times a week. Yet, his weight remained the same despite all these efforts. It was not until he joined the weight loss program supervised by Dr Yik that we can see a change in his body figure. He lost 13 pounds in 1 month! This was so encouraging that he is now striving to go for another month on the weight loss program. We would like to thank Dr Yik for her friendliness and sharp analysis that makes his weight loss journey a pleasant and fruitful experience.”
— Wife of Samy Lam, Business Owner
“Dr. Yik helped me lose weight successfully in a healthy way using appropriate supplements. As my lifestyle coach, she also encouraged me to adopt healthier lifestyle changes. Soon, I reached my weight loss goals and felt great! Thanks to Dr. Yik, tucking a white shirt in my skinny jeans is no longer a dream, but a reality.”
— I. Huen, Managing Director
“I was diagnosed with fatty liver, a condition that can lead to hepatitis and cirrhosis. The medical doctors and specialists didn’t have any treatment for it, so I decided to see how Dr. Yik could help. Besides giving me natural medicine to treat fatty liver, Dr. Yik advised me that losing some weight can help reverse my liver problem. The diet plan was realistic- I didn’t skip meals, I didn’t feel hungry- and I felt good that I was doing something to improve my health. She helped me shed some pounds, especially around my tummy region. Six months later, at a follow-up visit, the medical specialist was amazed that the fatty liver condition was gone. I was amazed at how healthy I became and how much younger I looked!”
— Yiu Kee, Consultant
“I went to see Dr. Yik for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a condition I’ve endured since my late adolescence with little to no relief from the symptoms I was experiencing. At that time, I was overweight at 190 pounds, I was suffering from hirsutism (excessive hair growth), my menstrual cycle was erratic and nearly absent, and although I was in good spirits I was also struggling with depression (a common trait of this condition). Dr. Yik’s treatment offered insight, help and relief to each of the symptoms I was experiencing. She advised me of dietary recommendations and offered supplements to assist with stagnation, ovulation, menstruation and unwanted hair growth. I am elated to reveal one year later that I’ve lost over 40 pounds and have seen tremendous improvement in my menstrual cycle. The unsightly and unwanted hair growth has diminished significantly and my diet, health and well-being have never been better. I am very pleased with the results of my experience and especially grateful to Dr. Yik for her support, compassion and naturopathic expertise.”
— Diana Guadagnoli, Administrative Assistant
“I was 204 lbs, didn’t like exercise, wouldn’t eat vegetables, ate lots of comfort food, wasn’t sleeping, couldn’t swallow capsules, was irritable and knew I had to do something. So I went to see Dr. Yik on a friend’s recommendation. In just over 4 months I have lost 25 lbs, go walking almost every day, still don’t eat vegetables (or swallow capsules!), only eat comfort food occasionally, and am sleeping a little better. I am feeling better in myself and about myself, I look better, I am fitter and have a more positive attitude than I have had for a long time. Dr. Yik said I would be a challenge, and I was, but she never tried to tell me to do something she knew I wouldn’t do. She just encouraged me and took a holistic approach to things. What I like about Dr. Yik is that she is very flexible. She fitted the treatment around my idiosyncracies and foibles.”
— J.T., Attorney